Managed Print Services (MPS)
Managed print services (MPS) is the provision and oversight of business document output needs by an external service provider. MPS usually begins with a requirements assessment. The next step is typically a partial or complete replacement of existing hardware, including printers, faxes, scanners , photocopiers and multifunction (M FP) devices. From that point, the service provider oversees and services hardware and provides parts and supplies. An MPS provider may also monitor and report on usage, problems and user experience.
Rather than dedicating internal resources to business activities related to printing, a company outsource them, freeing up those resources for activities that are more relevant to the business' main concerns.
Depending on the arrangement, MPS payment may be subscription-based or on a per-page basis. According to some other types of agreements, managed print services place each device under a monthly maintenance or management contract that includes all the consumables, pieces and parts that might be necessary to repair it.
Your environment is unmanaged if ...
- Total pages printed annually is unknown
- Average cost per page is unknown
- Budget is not based upon print volume
- Multiple suppliers are used with no synergy
- No equipment road map
- Redundant equipment exists ( faxes, copiers, scanners, printers)
- Poor inventory management
- Manual ordering process
- Excessive use of internal human resources
- No reports
- No cost goals
- No software management
Because you are tired of ...
- Running out of toner
- Ordering toner
- Changing toner
- Analyzing whether to repair or purchase a printer
- Understanding and resolving error codes
- Managing your printers
Our managed print service can remove the hidden costs associated with supplying, maintaining and repairing your print fleet, leaving you to focus on running your business.